Going on holiday is so exciting, but one thing that often plays on people’s minds while they’re away is the security of their home and belongings.
The best way to ensure guaranteed relaxation on your holiday is to prepare and secure your home before you leave. In this blog we cover a variety of tips that will help you feel at ease as you jet off on your holiday.
Fire Prevention & Fire Alarms
One of the most feared and truly devastating things that could happen to your home while you are away is a house fire. There are a few simple steps you can take to dramatically reduce the likelihood of a fire while your house is left unattended.
- Turn off at the mains and unplug any household items that do not need to be on. This includes lamps, Tv’s, hairdryers etc. If any of these items are faulty, they could cause a fire while you’re on holiday.
- Close internal doors before you leave. If a fire was to break out, having the doors closed will limit the oxygen (fuel) accessible to the fire, and will also stop the fire from spreading throughout the house as quickly.
- Check and change the fire alarm batteries. You should always check your smoke alarms are working properly, whether you are going on holiday or not. But when you leave to go on holiday, having effective smoke alarms in place can alert neighbours and the authorities if there is a fire.
If you don’t have an effective fire alarm system in place, we at IDS can help! Our specialist team can design, install and maintain fire alarm systems for any property, commercial or residential. Click the button below to find out more.
Fire Alarm Systems from IDS >
Leaving all of your worldly possessions unattended is another a huge worry for holiday-goers. There are a few ways that you can optimise your home to prevent a burglary.
Having a CCTV camera (or cameras) installed around your home will give you peace of mind that any security breaches will be recorded, and the cameras should deter burglars who know they are being watched.
There is a huge range of surveillance systems available to choose from. At IDS Security we offer a range of security cameras and CCTV systems that can be tailored to suit your property. We even provide surveillance systems that can be accessed remotely through your mobile phone or laptop so you can keep a watchful eye on your home from hundreds of miles away.
IDS CCTV Security Systems >
Like a fire alarm, an intruder alarm can alert neighbours and the authorities if your property is broken into while you are on holiday. At IDS we offer intruder alarm systems with an optional maintenance contract. This means you can have your property monitored by our team around the clock!
Interested in seeing the different types of intruder alarms we offer? Simply click the button below:
Intruder alarms >
Some final security tips to ensure your property is properly secured before your holiday:
- Hide or deposit any valuable items in a safe or secure place.
- Ensure all your windows and doors are not damaged and are locked.
- Don’t make it obvious that your house is temporarily vacant.
- Don’t broadcast your holiday prolifically online.
- Make a checklist to ensure you have taken all necessary security precautions before you set off!
We hope that these tips help you enjoy your holiday knowing that your home is safe and secure. If you have any questions about home security, don’t hesitate to contact a member of our team on 029 20 753 251.