Fire Door Safety Week takes place at the end of next month, which is why we thought that it was an ideal time to discuss the importance of fire detection systems!
Every year, fires cause irreparable damage to public spaces, commercial properties and domestic dwellings, costing millions in lost assets, and in the worst cases, causing life-changing injuries and death. Having an efficient fire detection system in place is vital in preventing fires and stopping them from spreading, allowing you to take action as soon as the risk is present.
Fire detection systems are essential for:
- Ensuring safe notification and evacuation of staff/occupiers/members of the public.
- Alerting emergency services for an efficient response.
- Detecting the location of the fire to ensure that the correct action is taken, and to plan for a safe evacuation.
- Minimising the scale of the loss/damage.
- Ensuring that public and private spaces meet the correct health and safety standards.
Here at IDS, we have provided advanced fire detection solutions for over 20 years, installing fire alarm systems in commercial, public and residential properties throughout England and Wales. From conventional formats, to larger networks, we can provide a range of options, including a 24/7 monitoring and engineering service for ultimate security and peace of mind.
If you would like to like to find out more information about our fire detection systems and monitoring service, you can get in touch here for more details, or to request a free quotation.