Owning a home or business can be one of the proudest and most rewarding parts of an individual’s life. Years of hard work and dedication put in to achieve something most people may not have the pleasure of doing. So, it comes as no surprise that when a home or business is the victim to crime, it causes a whole host of problems and issues to owners. From theft and burglary to criminal damage and shoplifting, all acts of crime can have a long-lasting effect on both home and business owners alike. But how prevalent is crime within your area?
As you can see from the information above, it pays to ensure that your home or business is sufficiently protected from potential crimes such as burglary. With commercial and residential premises susceptible to criminal behaviour, installing any of the listed security solutions will go some way to protecting your home and work. To view our collection of security systems, simply hit the button below!
Browse Security Solutions >
If you have any questions regarding our range of security systems or general enquiries that you'd like to ask us about, then please do not be afraid to get in touch with a member of our team today.
There has been a rise in interest in the installation of wireless alarm systems, particularly with the increased demand for smart home devices. This is because wireless alarm systems are more convenient and have many advantages over their wired counterparts. Some of the benefits of a wireless alarm system are:
- They are easier to install - Installing a wireless alarm system eliminates the need to damage existing walls and floors to install cables
- They are more resistant to damage - Removing cables and connections limits the amount of hardware that can be tampered with or damaged over time
- They can be relocated - If you decide to reposition your alarm system, or if you move house, the wireless alarm system can be un-installed and relocated with ease
- They can be controlled and monitored remotely - from a smartphone, remote control or another wireless device
Installing a wireless alarm system might seem like a simple task, but getting professional help is always advised for the following reasons:
1. Your wireless alarm system might be defective. If you don't have the skills or knowledge to correctly test or identify issues with the alarm system then you might not be aware of the fault until it's too late.
2. Installing the sensors and detectors in the right places is difficult. Installing them in the wrong places can compromise your safety and security, it isn't as simple as just putting on a sensor in each room and hoping for the best. The sensors and detectors need to be placed strategically to work as they should.
3. You have nobody liable for maintaining the wireless alarm system except yourself. Even if you manage to install a wireless alarm system yourself, maintaining it and identifying issues later down the line might be tricky.
At IDS we offer wireless fire and intruder alarm systems that can be installed just about anywhere. We have in-house specialists who you can talk to over the phone to establish the perfect kind of wireless alarm system for your requirements. We can design, install and maintain whichever wireless alarm system you choose, making the process incredibly easy and dramatically reducing the likelihood of an accidental safety or security breach due to poor installation. Our maintenance contracts provide you with 24/7 knowledge that your wireless alarm system is being monitored and will continue to function as it should for years to come.
To enquire about our wireless alarm systems, please get in contact with one of our specialists by calling 029 20 753 251, or fill out an enquiry form and we will be in touch ASAP. Simply click the button below to do so:
Contact Us >
People often think that installing a security camera system by themselves is going to be a simple task, but that’s not always the case. Depending on the scale and type of surveillance system you to install, the planning, design, installation, and maintenance required can vary.
If we break down the installation of a typical security camera system, including a couple of cameras and a standard monitor, would look something like this:
- Decide where you want your surveillance camera(s) to be installed
- Select and purchase appropriate security camera(s) – either as a complete package or individually
- Set up your monitor
- Test all of the equipment prior to installation
- Install the camera(s)
- Link the cameras to your computer/monitor
- Maintain the system
While following these steps is fairly easy to do, the entire process can be unnecessarily costly and extremely time-consuming. At IDS Security Systems, we have a team dedicated to designing, installing and maintaining security camera systems, so you can enjoy a high level of security around your home or business with none of the hassle. We stay up to date on the latest developments and changes throughout the security industry, so that you don’t need to spend hours researching which security cameras are the best on the market.
Please don’t hesitate to get in touch with us if you think that we can assist you in installing security cameras yourself. Simply call 029 20 753 251 to speak to someone in our Cardiff office, or click the button below to send us an enquiry.
Contact IDS >
The garage is often one part of the house that is forgotten by many homeowners when it comes to security. Research shows that homes containing no security measures are almost five times more likely to be targeted by criminals than those with the simplest of security measures. It’s not just the main living area of the home that’s at risk of break-ins, however, with burglaries involving garages incredibly common. Often the place where cars, bikes, tools and other valuables are kept. Despite this, many homeowners still choose to not properly secure their garages with sufficient security systems.
Here at IDS Security Solutions, we offer a number of high-quality security systems that provide your garage with fantastic levels of protection. These measures involve:
- Intruder Alarms – A simple but effective way to secure your garage. Our state-of-the-art intruder alarms can be specially designed, installed and maintained by us to ensure efficient levels of security. These systems can be monitored around the clock from our monitoring station, with our engineers on call every hour of every day throughout the year. Particularly effective at detecting unauthorised intruders, this is a great measure when it comes to protecting the good in your garage.
- CCTV Cameras – Another common method of home security, our CCTV security systems provide a great solution to garage related crimes. Depending on your exact requirements, our skilled engineers are able to identify and install the most suitable CCTV cameras for you. Through the close and continual analysis of the latest developments within CCTV technology, such as digital recorder and fibre optic transmission, our security cameras provide contemporary solutions that you can place your entire trust and confidence in.
- Packages – To ensure maximum levels of security for your garage, you are able to combine our security solutions into one, bespoke package. Integrating a number of our systems such as an intruder alarm with a CCTV camera will provide you with further assurance that your garage is being properly protected with a tailored surveillance package.
Ensuring your home and garage is sufficiently protected is of utmost importance, that’s why we at IDS encourage you to make the investment into defending your valuables from criminals. We specialise in bespoke security systems to fit around your needs, so no matter what garage security system you have in mind, we are confident that you can find it here with us. To learn more about our range of home security measures or to contact us to inquire about your garage security system, click below today!
Burglaries and break-ins are less common now than they were six or seven years ago, but they do still happen, and as emotions run high it can be difficult to think rationally about the best course of action. If you discover or suspect that a burglary has taken place on your property, there are a few things you should do:
If you aren’t already inside the property, it is advisable to remain outside the property to avoid contaminating any evidence that could be used to catch the perpetrator.
Call the police and your insurance company
Notifying the police that a burglary has taken place is essential. Police will come to the scene and document a description of what has been taken from the property; they will also be able to recover any evidence from the scene that could help in finding the burglar.
Once you have contacted the police, you should also contact your insurance company. In some cases, an insurance company might decide to send an independent claims evaluator to the scene to assess the grounds for your claim.
Review CCTV footage (if possible)
If you have security cameras on your property, you should try to recover any footage that might provide information about the burglar’s appearance, how they got in, the time of the burglary, etc.
How can I prevent future break-ins?
Here at IDS Security, we offer a range of security systems that are appropriate for the home or workplace, including:
If you want to find out more about our security systems, or if you have any other questions, please contact us today below.
Contact Us >