At IDS Security, we are dedicated to keeping your business premises and homes safe using the very best in security services and technology on the market.
One security service we offer that stands us apart from other security companies, is our security maintenance contracts. When you choose to take out a security maintenance contract with us, you benefit from around the clock burglar alarm monitoring, giving you complete peace of mind that your home or business premises are being observed at all times.
We have a team of highly trained security professionals who are employed to monitor your burglar alarms from our monitoring stations. Plus, our engineers are on call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year, so they can attend your property and resolve any problems with your security system, should they occur.
Digital Signalling Equipment
Besides our burglar alarm monitoring contracts, we also pride ourselves in installing the latest technology around your home to keep your property safe. One kind of equipment that has proved to be very beneficial for residential and commercial property owners is our digital signalling equipment.
We use devices from providers like BT Redcare, that are designed to ensure all of your security systems, including burglar alarms, can be monitored over a secure network. These digital signalling devices also ensure that any security breach, be it a burglary or a fire, is attended as quickly as possible. How? They automatically inform the relevant emergency services when an incident occurs!
All of our security systems comply with the latest PD6662 British Standards, the codes of practice laid down by the National Approval Council NACOSS) of Security Systems and Alarm Inspection Board (SSAIB).
So, if you are looking for a company to oversee your burglar alarm monitoring, we can help you! Get in touch with a member of our team to discuss your burglar alarm monitoring options by calling 029 20 753 251 today!
When the temperatures soar, all we want to do is open every door and every window in the house and enjoy the fresh air! This, of course, poses a huge security risk so we’ve put together a list of summer security tips to help you keep your home and garden safe this summer.
1. Be responsible with your windows
Opening the windows lets in a breeze that feels lovely during summer days and nights. Here’s how to keep your house safe while you have your windows open. Primarily, you need to ensure that all your windows can be locked, and can’t be forced open from the outside – especially if they are ground level windows. When opening windows around the house this summer, bear the following tips in mind:
- Try to only open windows in the rooms you are occupying.
- Ensure all windows are closed if you plan to go into the back garden for a while.
- Don’t leave downstairs or accessible windows open during the night.
2. Secure your shed
One area of the house that is often overlooked in terms of security is the garden shed. We often store valuable items in our sheds like bikes, lawnmowers and tools and because they are often isolated away from our houses, they are an attractive target for thieves. There are a few ways you can secure your garden shed to prevent your valuable being stolen:
- Repair any existing damage. A broken window or loose panel can provide a great access point for thieves.
- Install lights in your garden with a passive infrared sensor, so any night-time intruders can be caught red-handed.
- Install a sturdy lock system and an intruder alarm to alert you if a break-in is attempted.
3. Improve your home CCTV system
Improving the surveillance around your home is a great way to ensure your property will be secure during summer. Whether you’re at home or away on your summer holiday, a home CCTV security system can allow you to keep an eye on your home and belongings.
At IDS Security we offer a range of CCTV options to help you secure your home. To find out more about the CCTV security systems we offer, click here:
CCTV Security from IDS >
4. Ensure you have a competent fire security system in place
The hot and dry conditions that come with summer heat waves can be incredibly dangerous, causing fires to spread at an alarming rate. Here are a few tips to help keep you and your property safe from fires this summer:
- Keep doors shut as much as possible. It can be tempting to open all the doors in the house to allow air to circulate, but a closed door can keep a fire at bay much longer than if a door is left open.
- BBQ sensibly. Don’t have open fires near to your home and be sure to put them out before venturing back inside.
- Check that your fire alarm system is fully operational. At IDS we can help you to design, install and maintain a comprehensive fire security system to help prevent fires in your home this summer. Find out more about our fire alarm systems here:
IDS Fire Alarm Systems >
At IDS, we want to ensure you have the necessary security systems in place so that you can enjoy a relaxing summer! Give us a call on 029 20 753 251 to enquire about improving your security before summer, or click the button to explore our security options online.
Explore IDS Security >
Going on holiday is so exciting, but one thing that often plays on people’s minds while they’re away is the security of their home and belongings.
The best way to ensure guaranteed relaxation on your holiday is to prepare and secure your home before you leave. In this blog we cover a variety of tips that will help you feel at ease as you jet off on your holiday.
Fire Prevention & Fire Alarms
One of the most feared and truly devastating things that could happen to your home while you are away is a house fire. There are a few simple steps you can take to dramatically reduce the likelihood of a fire while your house is left unattended.
- Turn off at the mains and unplug any household items that do not need to be on. This includes lamps, Tv’s, hairdryers etc. If any of these items are faulty, they could cause a fire while you’re on holiday.
- Close internal doors before you leave. If a fire was to break out, having the doors closed will limit the oxygen (fuel) accessible to the fire, and will also stop the fire from spreading throughout the house as quickly.
- Check and change the fire alarm batteries. You should always check your smoke alarms are working properly, whether you are going on holiday or not. But when you leave to go on holiday, having effective smoke alarms in place can alert neighbours and the authorities if there is a fire.
If you don’t have an effective fire alarm system in place, we at IDS can help! Our specialist team can design, install and maintain fire alarm systems for any property, commercial or residential. Click the button below to find out more.
Fire Alarm Systems from IDS >
Leaving all of your worldly possessions unattended is another a huge worry for holiday-goers. There are a few ways that you can optimise your home to prevent a burglary.
Having a CCTV camera (or cameras) installed around your home will give you peace of mind that any security breaches will be recorded, and the cameras should deter burglars who know they are being watched.
There is a huge range of surveillance systems available to choose from. At IDS Security we offer a range of security cameras and CCTV systems that can be tailored to suit your property. We even provide surveillance systems that can be accessed remotely through your mobile phone or laptop so you can keep a watchful eye on your home from hundreds of miles away.
IDS CCTV Security Systems >
Like a fire alarm, an intruder alarm can alert neighbours and the authorities if your property is broken into while you are on holiday. At IDS we offer intruder alarm systems with an optional maintenance contract. This means you can have your property monitored by our team around the clock!
Interested in seeing the different types of intruder alarms we offer? Simply click the button below:
Intruder alarms >
Some final security tips to ensure your property is properly secured before your holiday:
- Hide or deposit any valuable items in a safe or secure place.
- Ensure all your windows and doors are not damaged and are locked.
- Don’t make it obvious that your house is temporarily vacant.
- Don’t broadcast your holiday prolifically online.
- Make a checklist to ensure you have taken all necessary security precautions before you set off!
We hope that these tips help you enjoy your holiday knowing that your home is safe and secure. If you have any questions about home security, don’t hesitate to contact a member of our team on 029 20 753 251.
Owning a home or business can be one of the proudest and most rewarding parts of an individual’s life. Years of hard work and dedication put in to achieve something most people may not have the pleasure of doing. So, it comes as no surprise that when a home or business is the victim to crime, it causes a whole host of problems and issues to owners. From theft and burglary to criminal damage and shoplifting, all acts of crime can have a long-lasting effect on both home and business owners alike. But how prevalent is crime within your area?
As you can see from the information above, it pays to ensure that your home or business is sufficiently protected from potential crimes such as burglary. With commercial and residential premises susceptible to criminal behaviour, installing any of the listed security solutions will go some way to protecting your home and work. To view our collection of security systems, simply hit the button below!
Browse Security Solutions >
If you have any questions regarding our range of security systems or general enquiries that you'd like to ask us about, then please do not be afraid to get in touch with a member of our team today.
There has been a rise in interest in the installation of wireless alarm systems, particularly with the increased demand for smart home devices. This is because wireless alarm systems are more convenient and have many advantages over their wired counterparts. Some of the benefits of a wireless alarm system are:
- They are easier to install - Installing a wireless alarm system eliminates the need to damage existing walls and floors to install cables
- They are more resistant to damage - Removing cables and connections limits the amount of hardware that can be tampered with or damaged over time
- They can be relocated - If you decide to reposition your alarm system, or if you move house, the wireless alarm system can be un-installed and relocated with ease
- They can be controlled and monitored remotely - from a smartphone, remote control or another wireless device
Installing a wireless alarm system might seem like a simple task, but getting professional help is always advised for the following reasons:
1. Your wireless alarm system might be defective. If you don't have the skills or knowledge to correctly test or identify issues with the alarm system then you might not be aware of the fault until it's too late.
2. Installing the sensors and detectors in the right places is difficult. Installing them in the wrong places can compromise your safety and security, it isn't as simple as just putting on a sensor in each room and hoping for the best. The sensors and detectors need to be placed strategically to work as they should.
3. You have nobody liable for maintaining the wireless alarm system except yourself. Even if you manage to install a wireless alarm system yourself, maintaining it and identifying issues later down the line might be tricky.
At IDS we offer wireless fire and intruder alarm systems that can be installed just about anywhere. We have in-house specialists who you can talk to over the phone to establish the perfect kind of wireless alarm system for your requirements. We can design, install and maintain whichever wireless alarm system you choose, making the process incredibly easy and dramatically reducing the likelihood of an accidental safety or security breach due to poor installation. Our maintenance contracts provide you with 24/7 knowledge that your wireless alarm system is being monitored and will continue to function as it should for years to come.
To enquire about our wireless alarm systems, please get in contact with one of our specialists by calling 029 20 753 251, or fill out an enquiry form and we will be in touch ASAP. Simply click the button below to do so:
Contact Us >