Fire alarm systems are the most important and essential safety measure for any home or business, and while you may hope that you never have to use them, it is imperative that these systems provide reliable detection and warning in the event of a fire.
At IDS we design systems to meet the specific needs of customers in properties and establishments of all sizes, providing state-of-the-art fire detection technology and professional installation, to ensure that the systems being installed meet the strict standards needed to provide maximum safety.
In addition to our installation service, we also provide the added benefit of a 24/7 call out and engineering service, along with a fire alarm monitoring service. In order to ensure that your fire alarm system is functioning properly, and continues to deliver the high standard of safety expected, our call out service will help to solve any issues you are having with your system. Our fire alarm monitoring service will also provide additional support in the case of fire alarm activation, to ensure that the situation is able to be addressed as promptly and appropriately as possible.
Some benefits of fire alarm monitoring include:
- Quick response to the location of the fire.
- Rapid correspondence with the emergency services.
- Peace of mind for property owners when they are away from their property.
Whether you simply need a conventional alarm, or a networked, addressable fire safety solution, we can provide a carefully considered and safely installed system, which will be monitored and maintained to the highest possible standard.
If you'd like to find out more about our fire alarm monitoring service and safety systems, then get in touch today by calling 02920 753251, or be filling in our simple enquiry form here.
Fire Door Safety Week takes place at the end of next month, which is why we thought that it was an ideal time to discuss the importance of fire detection systems!
Every year, fires cause irreparable damage to public spaces, commercial properties and domestic dwellings, costing millions in lost assets, and in the worst cases, causing life-changing injuries and death. Having an efficient fire detection system in place is vital in preventing fires and stopping them from spreading, allowing you to take action as soon as the risk is present.
Fire detection systems are essential for:
- Ensuring safe notification and evacuation of staff/occupiers/members of the public.
- Alerting emergency services for an efficient response.
- Detecting the location of the fire to ensure that the correct action is taken, and to plan for a safe evacuation.
- Minimising the scale of the loss/damage.
- Ensuring that public and private spaces meet the correct health and safety standards.
Here at IDS, we have provided advanced fire detection solutions for over 20 years, installing fire alarm systems in commercial, public and residential properties throughout England and Wales. From conventional formats, to larger networks, we can provide a range of options, including a 24/7 monitoring and engineering service for ultimate security and peace of mind.
If you would like to like to find out more information about our fire detection systems and monitoring service, you can get in touch here for more details, or to request a free quotation.
UK employers are required by law to provide a safe workplace for their employees. One of the most crucial considerations for a business owner is fire safety - fires cause countless injuries and fatalities every year, and many of these incidents occurred in offices and other workplaces.
As an employer, your fire risk assessment will supply you with a number of different safety measures that you'll need to take in order to protect your staff from the risk of fire-related death or injury. Under the fire risk assessment, you must provide easily accessible fire exits, making sure that these points are clearly labelled and kept free from obstructions; you must also ensure that your workers know what to do and where to go in the event of a fire, as well as keeping fire extinguishers in the building in case a blaze breaks out.
Of course, installing an office fire alarm is one of the most important fire safety measures of all - here's why:
Why does my office need a fire alarm system?
A high-quality office fire alarm system will:
- Warn your entire building when a fire starts
- Speed up evacuation in the event of a fire
- Alert the emergency services right away
- Allow you to carry out regular fire drills if signalling is installed (at least 1 per quarter)
- Protect your premises from fire even when nobody's around
- Carry out weekly fire alarm tests
Of course, even if the list above doesn't convince you, there's one even more compelling reason to install a fire detection system in your office: it will ensure that you meet the requirements of The Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2006.
Office Fire Alarm Requirements
Section 4 of the UK government's guide fire safety in the workplace states:
"You must have a fire detection and warning system. You may need different types of detectors, depending on the type of building and the work carried out in it."
As the excerpt suggests, every workplace must have some
kind of fire detection system in place, but the exact requirements vary depending on a range of different factors.
In order to ensure that your office fire alarm system is suitable for your business and its premises, it's a good idea to seek the help of an experienced professional. We at IDS Security Systems
, for example, offer the following service:
- We will recommend the best fire detection solution for your business
- We will supply you with state-of-the-art fire protection technology
- Our professional installers will ensure that your new system is set up properly
- Our 24-hour monitoring and engineering service will ensure that your fire alarm system is fully functional at all times