Chance & Counters is a board game café that opened in the centre of Cardiff. Spread over three storeys in a picturesque Victorian building on High Street, Chance & Counters is home to more than 500 board games, which visitors are encouraged to try out while they sample a variety of dishes and drinks.
Images from facebook.com/chanceandcounterscardiff
As one of Cardiff's leading security companies, IDS Security Systems Ltd were asked to provide a range security and fire protection solutions for the new café. Not only did we supply the cameras and alarms for Chance & Counters, we also designed the whole system and installed it ourselves. Our experienced engineers handled the job with their usual professionalism, and we are very proud to have been involved in this fantastic, unique addition to Cardiff's food and drink scene.
Photos from @IDSFireSecurity on Twitter
IDS supplied and installed the following systems:
If you require an expertly-designed security and/or fire protection system for your premises, please call IDS Security on 029 20 753 251 or enquire online to request a quotation. No job is too big, too small or too unusual!
If you own or operate a car park - whether it's a small patch of tarmac or a multi-storey parking complex - it's a good idea to use CCTV cameras to monitor what's happening there. CCTV will deter crime and improve customer trust, and if a break-in or theft should occur on your premises, the victim(s) may request CCTV footage to assist with police investigations.
Specialist surveillance systems from IDS Security
Here at IDS Security Systems Ltd, we employ a team of experienced engineers who specialise in the design and installation of commercial security systems.
- Visit your car park to assess your requirements and identify the best surveillance solution for you
- Supply and install state-of-the-art CCTV cameras (we can provide a variety of products, including PTZ cameras, IP cameras, digital video recorders and more)
- Provide a 24-hour monitoring and engineering call-out service (for maintained customers only - contact us for details)
We can also offer expert advice throughout the whole process to ensure that you understand and are completely satisfied with your new surveillance setup. Use the links below to find out more or get in touch with the IDS team - we'd be more than happy to provide a free, no-obligation quotation for your car park CCTV system.
Our CCTV Systems > Get a FREE Quote >
We can provide a variety of other security systems for car parks, including:
Photograph courtesy of pexels.com
A smart card access control system is a type of security system where each authorised individual is issued a unique smart card that gives them access to various places and/or services.
Smart card systems can be used in many different ways on all sorts of different premises. Examples include:
- Workplaces with restricted / staff-only areas
- Private car parks
- Apartment buildings and other residences
Smart cards also make it easy to identify who is entering / leaving your premises. This can be useful for keeping attendance records and other administrative tasks.
How can we help you?
Here at IDS Security, we offer a range of cutting-edge access control systems including contactless smart cards as well as key fobs and biometrics.
We think that a contactless smart card access system is a great choice if you require a secure security system that has the ability to serve multiple functions (which other access systems cannot always allow for).
More Access Control Systems > Request a Quotation >
Burglaries and break-ins are less common now than they were six or seven years ago, but they do still happen, and as emotions run high it can be difficult to think rationally about the best course of action. If you discover or suspect that a burglary has taken place on your property, there are a few things you should do:
If you aren’t already inside the property, it is advisable to remain outside the property to avoid contaminating any evidence that could be used to catch the perpetrator.
Call the police and your insurance company
Notifying the police that a burglary has taken place is essential. Police will come to the scene and document a description of what has been taken from the property; they will also be able to recover any evidence from the scene that could help in finding the burglar.
Once you have contacted the police, you should also contact your insurance company. In some cases, an insurance company might decide to send an independent claims evaluator to the scene to assess the grounds for your claim.
Review CCTV footage (if possible)
If you have security cameras on your property, you should try to recover any footage that might provide information about the burglar’s appearance, how they got in, the time of the burglary, etc.
How can I prevent future break-ins?
Here at IDS Security, we offer a range of security systems that are appropriate for the home or workplace, including:
If you want to find out more about our security systems, or if you have any other questions, please contact us today below.
Contact Us >
We are looking to hire a full-time administrator for IDS Security's head office at 16E Moy Road Industrial Centre, Moy Road, Taff's Well, Cardiff, CF15 7QR.
- Input of information on the company’s database/CRM system
- Arranging engineer visits
- Dealing with telephone calls and enquiries
- Maintenance of company records
- Preparation of quotations
- Management of maintenance contracts
- Administration of quality system
- Supporting operational and sales team
- Undertaking any other administration as and when required
- Excellent administration and organisation skills
- Knowledge of computer systems, especially Microsoft 365
- Excellent communication skills and an ability to work successfully under pressure
- Demonstration of confidentiality
- Accuracy and attention to detail – must be able to perform a variety of duties while adhering to deadlines and maintaining accuracy
- Able to use initiative to complete set tasks in a busy, fast-paced environment
- Working with people / team working – understanding of others, adapts to others, listens, consults and support plus the ability to work alone
Hours: 8.30am to 4.30pm, with half an hour for lunch
Salary: Dependent on experience, but in the region of £20,000 pa
To apply for this position, please send your CV to email@example.com or call 02920 753251.
Apply Now >