Chance & Counters is a board game café that opened in the centre of Cardiff last month. Spread over three storeys in a picturesque Victorian building on High Street, Chance & Counters is home to more than 500 board games, which visitors are encouraged to try out while they sample a variety of dishes and drinks.
Images from facebook.com/chanceandcounterscardiff
As one of Cardiff's leading security companies, IDS Security Systems Ltd were asked to provide a range security and fire protection solutions for the new café. Not only did we supply the cameras and alarms for Chance & Counters, we also designed the whole system and installed it ourselves. Our experienced engineers handled the job with their usual professionalism, and we are very proud to have been involved in this fantastic, unique addition to Cardiff's food and drink scene.
Photos from @IDSFireSecurity on Twitter
IDS supplied and installed the following systems:
If you require an expertly-designed security and/or fire protection system for your premises, please call IDS Security on 029 20 753 251 or enquire online to request a quotation. No job is too big, too small or too unusual!
If you store your company's products in a warehouse - no matter how big or how small that warehouse is - it's a good idea to make sure it's as secure as possible. That means keeping it locked overnight and making it difficult for trespassers to gain entry in the first place, but it's also a good idea to install a security camera system to ensure that any break-ins / thefts are caught on film.
Here at IDS Security Systems Ltd, we supply, install and service a range of CCTV systems
that are ideal for a warehouse environment. Safeguarding your warehouse with a series of security cameras will deter potential intruders, as well as making it easier for the authorities to investigate any robberies that do occur. Furthermore, since we at IDS provide a full 24-hour monitoring and engineering service, you can rest easy in the knowledge that someone is keeping an eye on your security cameras and ready to spring into action if necessary.
What warehouse security cameras can we supply?
We supply the following surveillance solutions, all of which can be installed in your warehouse by our experienced installation specialists:
- PTZ cameras (Pan-Tilt-Zoom)
- IP cameras
- Digital video recorders
- Network video records (NVR)
- Hard drive recorders
IDS install and service security systems for businesses across Wales and England. Please contact us today
to request a quotation for your warehouse's security cameras, or click here
to find out more about our CCTV solutions.
Other security systems from IDS:
As a business owner, you no doubt want to keep the cost of running your business as low as possible. This can be achieved by - for example - moving certain systems online, or adopting an environmental management system that helps you to cut down on water and energy bills. Both of these are smart, sensible money-saving moves.
But what about the cost of protecting your business with a security system? Is this an expense that you can safely cut from your company's budget as long as you remember to lock up properly every night? Or is security technology a necessary expenditure that's worth the cost?
The answer does depend slightly on the nature of your business and the industry you're in, but generally speaking, it is in every business owner's best interest to secure their premises with a security system.
Not only will certain types of security system make it far more difficult for intruders to access your building, they can actually deter would-be criminals from even attempting to enter in the first place. Most burglars will not target a property that is visibly protected by an alarm system and/or monitored by security cameras, and in the event that a break-in does occur, a good-quality security system can help you and the authorities to find the trespasser and - hopefully - recover any stolen goods.
Which security system should I get?Once you've decided to have a security system installed on your company's premises, the next hurdle is deciding what kind of security system to utilise. Here are just a few of the available options:
- Security Alarms - Many business owners use alarm systems to keep trespassers off their premises overnight. The alarm system is armed when the building is locked up, and if anybody enters, the alarm will sound and (depending on your alarm system) the police may automatically be notified of the break-in. Authorised personnel can disarm the alarm system by entering a secret code or scanning an electronic tag.
- CCTV Cameras - CCTV cameras record video footage of your premises, so everything is caught on camera. This footage can help with police investigations, and as mentioned above, intruders are often put off when they notice a CCTV camera monitoring the building they are thinking of targeting.
- Access Control Systems - These systems allow you to manage access to your premises, restricting unauthorised entry via a variety of different methods. Some door entry systems require guests to enter a passcode or swipe a keycard, while others use sophisticated biometric technology (e.g. fingerprint recognition).
Of course, there's no reason why you can't combine multiple security systems and protect your business using several different technologies. Whatever you need from your security system(s), get in touch with IDS Security Systems Ltd today
- we supply, install, and service a wide variety of cutting-edge security solutions across Wales and England.