Chance & Counters is a board game café that opened in the centre of Cardiff last month. Spread over three storeys in a picturesque Victorian building on High Street, Chance & Counters is home to more than 500 board games, which visitors are encouraged to try out while they sample a variety of dishes and drinks.
Images from facebook.com/chanceandcounterscardiff
As one of Cardiff's leading security companies, IDS Security Systems Ltd were asked to provide a range security and fire protection solutions for the new café. Not only did we supply the cameras and alarms for Chance & Counters, we also designed the whole system and installed it ourselves. Our experienced engineers handled the job with their usual professionalism, and we are very proud to have been involved in this fantastic, unique addition to Cardiff's food and drink scene.
Photos from @IDSFireSecurity on Twitter
IDS supplied and installed the following systems:
If you require an expertly-designed security and/or fire protection system for your premises, please call IDS Security on 029 20 753 251 or enquire online to request a quotation. No job is too big, too small or too unusual!
Many business owners focus only on things like profits, productivity, and keeping ahead of the competition. This is understandable - time is money, after all - but it does mean that the crucial matter of security sometimes falls by the wayside.
Business security is a multifaceted, potentially complex issue to which some turn a blind eye until it's too late. A simple solution sometimes isn't enough - a single CCTV camera or burglar alarm can't protect your business as well as a fully-integrated system that combines a number of different security products into the perfect solution for your business.
What is an integrated security system?
An integrated security system takes a number of different security systems and merges them into one comprehensive solution that may include any combination of the following:
Why do you need an integrated security system?
So what are the specific benefits and advantages that come from utilising a fully-integrated security system? Here are a few examples:
- Improved Productivity - An integrated system can help to boost the productivity levels of your employees, with increased monitoring having a positive impact on customer satisfaction and employee performance.
- Conflict Resolution - A multifaceted security system makes it easier to monitor actions taken in the workplace, leading to improved conflict resolution if necessary.
- Centralisation - With the implementation of an integrated security system, your company's security will become more centralised rather than having to report to different areas. This saves management time and allows the business to be more organised.
- Theft Deterrence - Theft is an ever-present fear for all business owners. A good security system can be tailored to the needs of your operation, minimising the risk of burglary.
- Real-Time Monitoring - With an integrated security system, businesses are able to see the activities of their premises instantly whenever needed through the use of computers, smartphones and/or tablets.
Security systems from IDS
Here at IDS Security Systems, we offer bespoke security solutions for all kinds of businesses. If you require a fully-integrated security system, we can help - contact us today to request a free quotation.
We know it can be hard choosing the right security system for your business, so we've created this helpful infographic to show you all the important security bits you need to consider! This should help you identify which security features your business needs.
Taking the right precautions to protect your business is important to keep your livelihood and employees safe. A combination of security systems is the best way to ensure your business is protected. See why each security system is beneficial below.
CCTV Security Systems:
CCTV cameras monitor specific areas around the clock. Keep an eye on your premises at all times even when no one is around to watch.
• Deter thieves and trespassers
• Remotely monitor footage
• Video evidence in the event of a crime
• Boosts confidence in the business’ security measures
There were 1,986,709 cases of theft-related offences in the year ending Sept 2017
Access Control Systems:
Gain control over who can enter your property with an access control system. Knowing who has access to your place of business increases feelings of security in the workplace.
• Monitor access from a remote location
• Keep track of who is entering and leaving the property
• Capable of locking and unlocking doors from afar
• Allow approved individuals access with fobs, smartcards and biometrics
(29% increase in robbery compared to previous year (2015/16)
If someone is attempting to carry out a crime at your business property you want a system in place that will let you know as quickly as possible.
• Alerts against unauthorised intruders
• Acts as a deterrent against break-in attempts
• Provides peace of mind, even when you are away from your property
• Alert authorities and passers-by that your property is being targeted.
There were 171,195 cases of recorded non-domestic burglaries in the year ending Sept 2017
Perfect for commercial properties and retail environments, security barriers allow you to choose which vehicles and pedestrians have access to your property and parking.
• Barriers can be controlled remotely to allow access
• Adds security to public and private car parks
• Added reassurance to those who leave their vehicles in monitored areas
• Turnstiles can help control pedestrian traffic
(Gates, barriers, rising bollards and turnstiles)
Whether your business is a small, independently-operated store, or is part of a larger retail network, security is always a huge challenge for any company in this industry, regardless of size. Due to the level of public access on a day-to-day basis, retail security presents several challenges that are significantly heightened in comparison to other industries, which makes having the right systems in place a significant priority for several reasons, including:
- The safety of staff and members of the public.
- Damage and loss prevention.
- Regulatory compliance.
- Deterring criminal activity.
- Ensuring that staff policy is being followed correctly.
Here at IDS, we have provided security systems for businesses of all sizes, across a variety of sectors, including retail enterprises. Using our expertise, we are able to devise, install and maintain a comprehensive selection of retail security solutions to address each of the concerns highlighted above. Here's a closer look at some of the systems we are able to provide:
CCTV is a vital element of retail security for both large and small businesses, in order to detect and deter theft and damages. It can also be useful as a tool to resolve disagreements between staff and/or customers, providing clear and impartial evidence of personal conduct.
Fire Alarm Systems:
Having a suitable fire alarm system is important for all homes and businesses, and is particularly important in areas with restricted access, such as retail establishments. In order to protect staff, as well as members of the public, fire alarm systems should be planned and installed with the correct safety concerns in mind, in order to provide efficient warning alerts in the event of a fire.
While security staff and CCTV may be a suitable solution during hours of operation, additional measures should be used in order to protect your business out-of-hours. Intruder alarms can be tailored to meet the specific demands of your operation, with the ability to monitor activity at your establishment for a rapid response.
Access Control Measures:
Retail businesses often contain staff-only areas such as stock rooms, which should be restricted from public access. Access control systems provide a simple and adaptable solution to this problem, allowing you to prevent damage and theft of stock, as well as injuries to members of the public.
To find out more about our retail security solutions, as well as systems for other businesses, click here! You can also get in touch with the IDS team here, for more information or to receive a quote!
We've worked with all kinds of different clients here at IDS Security Systems Ltd, including many organisations within the UK marine industry. Several harbour authorities have, over the years, asked us to provide a wide range of security solutions for the waterfront sites they manage, and this is a challenge that we have proven ourselves capable of meeting.
Read on to find out what kind of harbour security systems we can offer, or click here to get in touch
with the IDS team and discuss your requirements with us.
Harbour Security Systems: What Can We Do For You?
Here are some of the other systems we can supply, install, and service for you:
- CCTV Cameras - 24-hour indoor and outdoor surveillance. CCTV cameras can deter crime, and if anything does happen, you'll have video evidence to assist with the police investigation.
- Door Entry Systems - Our access control systems allow you to limit public access to your buildings, control rooms, offices, and so on via a variety of cutting-edge technologies (e.g. key fobs, smart cards, biometrics).
- Fire Alarms - Protect your site and the people on it from fire with our state-of-the-art fire alarm systems. We offer a variety of different fire protection solutions, including wireless technologies and addressable alarm systems.
- Security Barriers - Control the flow of traffic and pedestrians through / around your site.
We provide a wide range of harbour security systems across South Wales and the neighbouring regions in England. To request a quotation for your security solution, please call IDS Security on 029 20 753 251
or get in touch online